[Noisebridge-discuss] Room open in house with 4 occasional Noisebridgers

Patrick Lake pat at patsanimation.com
Tue Jan 8 12:41:34 UTC 2013

Hi list…

This ad isn't out yet, so I'm tentatively sending it to the list first.
It's kind of a unique deal.  It's a private room by itself in a great house in the east bay (everyone here met through Noisebridge).  Or get that room, plus access to an apartment/flex space 2 blocks from Noisebridge.  It depends on what fits you.

Thanks!  Here's the ad, and if you like, please write back with a brief note including the usual info.  :)
- Pat
___

alameda

Private room in beautiful Victorian house, PLUS optional space in SF - $800

___

Hi!  We're a house of creative people.  Our 4-bedroom, 4-bath house in Alameda has 1 room open.

The open bedroom is medium-sized (10 x 12), and adjoins a bathroom that will be mostly all yours, not shared with anyone in the house.   $800 covers some common area cleaning, wi-fi, and utilities.  The house is a beautiful Victorian from the 1890's.  It has 2000 square feet, 2 living rooms, a huge kitchen good for gatherings, a deck, a back yard with garden and BBQ, and laundry.  Your roommates will include a girl and guy couple in their 20's (creative and computer professional), and 2 guys in their 30's who do art, teaching, computer work, and self employed business.  There's also a chihuahua and a cat.  We're in a great west end neighborhood down the block from a hardware store, a corner store, good eateries, and one of the best tiki bars in the bay.  Downtown oakland BART is a 15-min ride by bike, car or bus.

This includes a unique opportunity to share 1 room in a 2-bedroom apartment, by 16th Street BART in San Francisco.  It's a 10 x 12 room, furnished and set up "hotel room" style (the other room has a roommate you will meet).  3 of the Alameda house members share it for anytime drop-in, work, meeting clients, or sleeping overnight.  You could be a fourth.  This is a good opportunity if you're self-employed, work in the city sometimes but not all the time, or just want to go out.  The share is $300, all included.

The Alameda room is open by itself.  Please let us know if you're interested in just that room for $800, or both for $1100.  This is for 1-year commitment.

Sorry, the San Francisco room is NOT for rent by itself and NOT for living in long term, just visiting and working.  Sorry, no smoking in the places, and no pets please.