[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge-discuss Digest, Vol 63, Issue 17

Johny Radio johnyradio at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 14:47:07 UTC 2013

Jake wrote:

> am planning to install a two-way audio system

How's that different than the working intercom we have now?

 I used it today to ask someone to identify themselves. They responded simply "I'm here". Sometimes legit users don't want to ID themselves.

With all this talk of tighter entry controls, I have to ask how would I gain entry in such a scenario, if it existed 2 years ago when I started coming? I don't even remember anymore how I heard about Noisebridge, but I was what a lone maker who came in off the street.

Answer: Noisebridge should continue, even expand, ways that any legit person can enter without pain or red tape. Eg Mitch should keep handing out keys to people at conferences, cuz they are pre-vetted.

I suggest a verbal password that can be given out in the same way. Such a password could even be printed in regional academic or other publications, cuz again it's a pre-vetted readership. I also suggest an email address on the wiki to enable lone makers (who are not part of any pre-vetted institution or publication readership) to request a password, which would generally always be granted to anyone who seems sincere.