[Noisebridge-discuss] Electronics Question => ATMega328P

akleider at sonic.net akleider at sonic.net
Fri Jan 11 03:06:43 UTC 2013

> Here is the PDIP version of the chip used as the core of the Arduino:
> $2.26 each (plus $8 shipping). You can get 50 of them for just over $100.
>
> https://avnetexpress.avnet.com/store/em/EMController/Microcontroller/Atmel/ATMEGA328P-PU/_/R-8253714/A-8253714/An-0?action=part
>
> What you *don't* get with that, which Arduino provides, is the USB
> connectivity. You'd have to make your own programmer basically, and you
> can't use the build in Serial class.  I used an Arduino Nano as the base
> to create my own programmer, and it works fairly well.

They are available locally:
http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10001_10001_2139111_-1
but at a much higher price ($4.95.)
If anyone decides to buy in bulk and resell at NB, I would definitely buy
a few.

Jim Stockford and I have been trying to learn AVR programming (without
using Arduino infrastructure.) Is/are there any other interested
party/parties?

alex