[Noisebridge-discuss] [Noisebridge-announce] Frontend Web Development, Monday 8pm: Menus and modals

Daniel Pitts coloraura.com at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 17:28:53 UTC 2013

I too applaud your taking on teaching this class, however I have a few
comments.

Newsgroups are a great resource for asking for help when you're stuck.
Granted, a "search" doesn't always help (though sometimes it does).

I'd also like to caution against using language like "how most people in
the real world". Plenty of real websites don't use jQuery. Do you have
any statistics to back that statement up?  I'm not saying jQuery isn't
popular or useful. I think it is both. But as a pedagog, it's important
to discuss which alternatives exist, and why you are teaching the
particular thing instead of an alternative. Even if the answer is
"because it's what I know".