[Noisebridge-discuss] State of the dirty workshop

jim jim at well.com
Tue Jan 15 16:41:51 UTC 2013

Tho'tful reply.

    The perfect is the enemy of the good.
    My comment to hide the routers was not meant
as a specific recommendation but as an example
of the concept that some equipment is exotic
and dangerous. We should consider this idea.
The labeled lockbox is a really good solution.
    Who's got the keys? Doesn't much matter,
probably could be listed on the label, several
people makes sense.

    I'm not aware of anyone formally trusted
with organizational plans or responsibilities.
I certainly am not such despite my efforts to
shape policies. Monad is making an effort so
he's my de factor organizer. Whatevver he's up
to, I'll help, hopefully without so much
contradictory input as to be discouraging.
Which is to say "fuck it; any organization is
better than none, and none is what we'll get
if we insist on addressing every objection."
    I'm big on consensus, by the way.

    It'd be great to have pointers to info
in the space.