[Noisebridge-discuss] door

rachel lyra hospodar rachelyra at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 23:24:48 UTC 2013

There is no enforcement, johny, because there is no force.  Don't worry
so much about blame, either.  We are all building best practices
together, and anyone who is engaging with the process is welcome.  I
think jake is suggesting that *you* would act differently.  You could
either begin vetting the people you buzz in, or as you say, stop buzzing
them in.  You have this power.

I think it's interesting that you are rejecting that, suggesting,
instead, we implement a far-reaching system that would modify everyone's
behavior, and remove choice from your shoulders.  I'm not saying we
shouldn't... but in the meanwhile, there is actually an intercom that
you can use to communicate with people instead of blindly buzzing them
in. I use it, it's pretty simple.  I ask why they are here.  If they are
here to hack, or learn, or check out the space, I let them in.  If I am
too distracted hacking, I don't buzz them in at all.

R.