[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge Access : What is our policy? What should it be?

jim jim at well.com
Sat Jan 19 15:07:57 UTC 2013

    I think my description and suggestions address
some real problems. If we all want better, then
we have to make things better and then, the hard
part, maintain keeping things better. There've
been efforts in the past that were abandoned.
    I still think keeping some tools in lockboxes
is practical.
    At this point I believe that thinking of
Noisebridge as similar to a bus station is a
practical suggestion: people who do so will be
prudent about their behavior and belongings.

    Consider the idea of mandatory maintenance
roles for members, something like a few members
have to take on some role for one month, roles
such as janitor manager or security manager or
whatever else is needed. Maybe four roles to be
filled by member in good standing. Do your month
and you're off the hook until all other members
have rotated through their months, then you're
on the hook again, for some other role.
    Treasurer is an example of a role that's in
place, albeit for a year.