[Noisebridge-discuss] I Want to Create Rock Guitar Improvisation Class

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Thu Jan 24 01:32:03 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 03:04:50PM -0800, Garrett Smith wrote:
> I want to start a class Rock Guitar Improvisation at Noisebridge on weekdays.
[snip]
> 90 minutes, two times per week.
>
> Need amps. It might be loud.

Frankly, I'm afraid this sounds like a terrible idea.  My experience
with amplified electric guitars suggests that the entire space would be
basically unusable for anything requiring concentration during the
guitar class.

There are lots of cheap band practice spaces in the mission; why not
rent one of those for the class?  Especially at an off hour like weekday
mornings I suspect they'd rent for cheap.

-andy