[Noisebridge-discuss] July 20 - California Historical Radio Society Radio Day KRE Berkeley - Fwd: [W6BB] Historic Berkeley radio station building sold

giovanni_re john_re at fastmail.us
Wed Jul 3 18:32:20 UTC 2013

Meantime, the group California Historical Radio Society
 will celebrate what perhaps will be its final
Radio Day by the Bay at KRE,
at the foot of Ashby Avenue, on July 20. The annual
fundraiser celebrates radio in myriad ways from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Cost is
$5, and proceeds go to CHRS, the Hall of Fame and
The Society of Wireless Pioneers.

Stan Bunger of KCBS is scheduled to emcee the event. Peter Finch, Cheryl
Jennings, Ben Fong-Torres and Terry McGovern also will be part of the
program.

An auction of vintage radios, test equipment and amateur gear will be
held.
Also on tap: a performance of a 1948 Lone Ranger radio play.

In addition, a celebration of the movie "American Graffiti," including
classic cars from the film, will be part of the event. (The KRE building
was used for scenes in the classic 1973 George Lucas film.) And the 2013
inductees for the Bay Area Radio Hall of Fame will be announced.

"The important thing now for our organization is to have a really good
event on July 20," Kushman said. "It's our biggest event of the year,
and
we just invite everybody to come and enjoy a whole day of fun devoted to
radio."

For more information, call the CHRS hotline at 415-821-9800, email
info at californiahistoricalradio.com or go to:

www.californiahistoricalradio.com