[Noisebridge-discuss] Gate lock/door strike dimensions

Henner Zeller h.zeller at acm.org
Mon Jul 8 02:31:04 UTC 2013

Hi,

Was checking out the gate lock dimensions today in case we need to replace
it. Apparently, it was not jammed today, so it actually prevented me from
getting in, so maybe replacement is not necessary, but just adjustment ?

(couldn't test further as I don't have any door-PIN or know where the
controlling cable comes out)

Anyway, for future reference, the screws are 3" apart, the whole
front-plate is 3-1/2" x 1-3/8". The bolt is 7/8"

https://plus.google.com/photos/113917390722624035964/albums/5898062556362585281?banner=pwa&authkey=CP_s5YSowsuIBw

(I have found a couple of pretty solid electric door strikes, but the
standard size seems to be
4-7/8" (e.g. EN 400 or HES 1006) - so these _won't_ work. )

-h