[Noisebridge-discuss] Automated Kitchen w/ api

Dan Cote terminationshok at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 15:14:00 UTC 2013

As many of you know, I enjoy making architectural automation with
microcontrollers. Lets make the new kitchen a *sci-fi kitchen 4000 of the
future.* What would this entail? A pizza vending machine that makes pizzas
with robot arms? Drone restocking of supplies? A sensor that speaks and
warns you of doom when a dish is left in the sink? Or a dystopian sink that
takes your picture and punishes you by using facial recognition to post the
shameful picture to all your social media accounts? Maybe even a
dish-washing robot... Oh yeah we already have that, but are too lazy to use
it. A robot that operates the dishwasher!

What's it going to be everyone? I'm liking the sink sensor at the moment.
Even if it only reports the level of cleanliness back to a Noisebridge
entropy level status screen.