[Noisebridge-discuss] Access

Jake jake at spaz.org
Thu Jul 4 21:45:16 UTC 2013

Shannon,

last night Leif said that the latch mechanism was failing to keep the door
locked, and that one could simply push the door open.  I don't know if
someone did something to change it after that.

As for the payphone, it is important to know whether the phone is beeping
when you enter the code.  If it makes a blip noise when you press keys,
but no other noises when you press # (a happy or sad tone) it is a sign
that Minotaur is not running baron.py to talk to the phone.

if you press the keys and no sound is heard at all, it suggests that the
wires are disconnected or minotaur is without power!

I sent a message to the rack list because minotaur had locked
up twice on tuesday.  At one point minotaur locked up WHILE energizing the
door-open solenoid, so it was buzzing and heating up and almost smoking.
Also the local DNS didn't work.  Rebooting minotaur fixed the problem but
it did lock up again later (ping worked, ssh timed out)

as for the physical key not working, i have no idea.  Are you sure you
were at the right address?

-jake

shannon wrote:
Dear Noisebridge,

I'm at the Sycamore; my door code does not work, the key cylinder on the
door seems to be broken, and nobody answers the buzzer.

What should I be doing to gain entry to Noisebridge?

-S