[Noisebridge-discuss] When were bunk-beds installed?

Michael Clift occupirate at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 01:46:32 UTC 2013

Hey guys, I do NOT like that NB has become a dump. That is not what I
meant, and once again a statement is taken out of context in order to
weaponize the statement. I like the napping bays, I thought it quite
progressive when I "came back" to NB after being gone for 6 months...I was
excited by the prospect of doing dream/neuro research at NB, as I am a
lucid dreamer and one of my freinds is into bio feedback and all that sort
of thing,was going to bring her equipment to NB for such study, but the
Dream Team never quite emerged, and YES the Hacker Stacker was misused/co
opted by whoever.
I do think NB should be able to adapt to shifting patterns, and your main
problem is essentially territorial in nature, and facist in terms of
problem solving. (in this particular instance, not to mention the whole
invasion of the Barbarians thing...."Who ARE you people?" Danny,
incredulously....well we are the people who have done alot of shit for,to
and because of NB..hacking: it's not just for computers anymore.)
That being said, I always had the time of my life over there, and I got
alot of work done, made alot of friends and contacts, and harbor no illwill
towards anyone there. The scope of my life overshadows all petty concerns
related to identity politics and basic localism, so I carry on, and I do
hope when I come back to NB oneday to go into an opensource,kick ass place
where all are welcome,but not all should stay, and that things be handled a
little bit more tactfully and reasonable when it has been determined by
more than one or two Chicken Littles that somebody is not welcome, or
banished for life for being nothing but themselves and standing up for
their friends...
P.MIKE
end of transmission