[Noisebridge-discuss] Sticker Design & Printing in SF

Gopi Flaherty gopiballava at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 22:21:39 UTC 2013

Avery makes a very nice quality permanent waterproof sticker material. Laser printer (possibly photocopier too) only. It looks and feels like paper but it's actually plastic. I've had one on my car roof for over a month including going through car washes. The waterproof / weatherproof one is what you want, not the permanent ID style - the latter is still paper.

You may have trouble finding the right shape. I've seen a few companies online that sell larger quantities of material in wider shape selections. I sometimes use full letter size sheets and slice them. I've used corner rounding cutters to make the edges rounded as well, but some of those cutters don't work well with stickers because they tend to trap the sticky stuff. You could also use a laser to kiss cut just the right amount so that the sticker is cut but the backing isn't. I use that with my 3M laser engraving plastic film (which is way better than any laser printed sticker but is very difficult to engrave and needs a precision Epilog or better and comes on minimum $400 spools)

Regarding informed consent, at least on the front page of fluridealert.org I didn't see any mention of the broad scientific consensus about the benefits of fluoride. Are there any links there to resources that argue in favor of fluoridation?

If not, then calling it "informed consent" is inaccurate. Calling it a warning sticker would be more accurate. Putting the actual quantity of fluoride on the sicker would be great, since that's an important detail if you want to analyze your risks.

Thanks,

gopi at iPad