[Noisebridge-discuss] a doorcode is now required to let people into noisebridge

Jake jake at spaz.org
Sun Jul 7 20:58:14 UTC 2013

It doesn't have to be me.  You are just as much a part of noisebridge as I
am.  If you think it benefits noisebridge to put another sign explaining
the keycode system, to eliminate theory 1 for example, you should not wait
for me to do it.

I am focusing my energy on trying to spread awareness of the problems and
steps I think we can take as a community to solve them, for example the
consensus item coming up on tuesday to always require a code (except
during events).

I have already put a lot of work into building both keypads and agitating
others to develop software for them, as well as maintaining the
infrastructure that runs it all.  I built the video periscope, and the
full-duplex audio intercom, and I am working with others to create a
"doorbell tamer" which will reduce the annoyingness of the doorbell
without reducing its effectiveness.

I hope that others will actively participate in implementing better
systems at noisebridge.

-jake