[Noisebridge-discuss] CopCards

Leif Ryge leif at synthesize.us
Mon Jul 8 02:37:27 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jul 07, 2013 at 07:17:41PM -0700, Josh Juran wrote:
> On Jul 7, 2013, at 11:46 AM, Sai wrote:
>
> >Recently, I designed CopCards: basically, a pair of credit card sized
> >cards that concisely remind you of your rights with police and prompt
> >you for what to say when interacting with them if you want to preserve
> >those rights.
> >
> >They're available at http://s.ai/copcards.
>
> http://s.ai/copcards/
>
> Nice.  Wouldn't PNG make more sense than JPG for non-photos?
>
> Josh

The "reminder" card says "Stay silent! Say nothing except whats on the
prompt card, or just point to it. Give them your license, insurance, &
registration if driving."

I am also not a lawyer, but this seems like bad advice. Are you sure
automobile drivers aren't required to say more than is on your prompt
card?

Also, it would be nice if you had the text available in a form other
than a photoshop document, and if you had the source documents in
version control. (Why not use SVG or something else standard?)

~leif