[Noisebridge-discuss] CopCards

Sai i at s.ai
Mon Jul 8 04:30:47 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jul 7, 2013 at 7:37 PM, Leif Ryge <leif at synthesize.us> wrote:
> The "reminder" card says "Stay silent! Say nothing except whats on the
> prompt card, or just point to it. Give them your license, insurance, &
> registration if driving."
>
> I am also not a lawyer, but this seems like bad advice. Are you sure
> automobile drivers aren't required to say more than is on your prompt
> card?

To the best of my knowledge, the only increased requirement for a
driver is to show license, registration, and insurance. You don't have
to say a damn thing, since you just gave them ID. You do have to get
out of the car if asked and otherwise comply with lawful orders.

If you disagree, please give an example of something not on the card
that someone would need to *say* (as opposed to *do*).

> Also, it would be nice if you had the text available in a form other
> than a photoshop document, and if you had the source documents in
> version control. (Why not use SVG or something else standard?)

I just made a simple export; the PSDs are the original. I could put
'em up in .txt form I guess?

I could put it into my github if you want, though I don't much see the
point of that to be honest.

- Sai