[Noisebridge-discuss] Kitchen Overhaul

Dan Cote terminationshok at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 01:55:40 UTC 2013

This kitchen cannot be restored to healthy status without demolition of the
island. Whether and how that island is restored is according do the
do-ocratic ways of Noisebridge, up to the people who do the building. I
know you did much to keep the kitchen afloat cleaningwise, and that will
factor into my personal commitments to build kitchen infrastructure. The
new kitchen will be designed to be easier to clean and harder to make
dirty.

As I said to another concerned food hacker: "We need to have
strong commitments from the people who want to have a big kitchen, to clean
up after the general population on a regular basis. It's unfair to demand
infrastructure that creates a burden from a community and to expect people
who do not benefit from that infrastructure to absorb that burden. This is
why people are hating on food hackers."

On a related note, expect any infrastructure I contribute towards to be on
the theme of *sci-fi kitchen 4004+ of the **future*. It will not look like
any kitchen existing in the world at this time, unless you are watching a
sci-fi movie. It will contain novel technologies that will be evaluated
for their utility. This reply is not directed towards you but towards all
with similar concerns and questions. It is intended to familiarize people
with the following ideas from hackerspace culture:

   - If you want something, build it.
   - Consider the impact to your fellow hackers.