[Noisebridge-discuss] Ask The Food Hackers

Johny Radio johnyradio at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 19:30:30 UTC 2013

On 7/26/2013 9:15 PM, jarrod hicks wrote:
> Any of us at Noisebridge, at any time, may be a food hacker depending
> on what we choose to work on.

Good point. But I'm referring to those who have led taste-bridge
sessions and done the most food-hacking. For example, francisco jimenez
brewed fresh organic fruit vinegars at NB for about year
pacojim2002 at yahoo.com. Someone else did a mushroom-growing project that
lasted for months. I feel rebase is going to produce more useful results
if they actively seek out specific individuals who've been most active
in teaching and doing food-hacking. Even if they are not going to rebase
meetings. Francisco led many taste-bridge sessions, and he was a
taste-bridge leader. But he might not even be on the NB list-- maybe the
filth and oogles in the kitchen got too much for him and he gave up on
nb. Also, English is not his first language, so the list might be an
effort for him.

If you reached out to vegan hackers, that's great.

> The Rebase meetings, wiki pages, and correspondence on the discussion
> list are open to all of the community.

Maybe rebase should consider proactively reaching out to people who have
given up on nb. I question the position "if you don't come to the
meetings or use the list, then we do not care what you think." The
opinions of people who have walked away from nb might be missing from
the conversation.

Thanks, Jarrod, for all your hard work to improve NB.

Johny Radio

Stick It In Your Ear!