[Noisebridge-discuss] New potential hackerspace in Benicia

Liz Henry lizhenry at gmail.com
Sat Jun 15 14:57:44 UTC 2013

Hi Aaron, that is fantastic news!  You might talk also to sudo room,
LOLSpace, Hacker Moms, and Ace Monster Toys (and the folks having meetings
for the Bay Area Consortium of Hackerspaces).

One thing I know about starting hackerspaces is that School Factory has
sponsored several and is willing to be a fiscal sponsor for new spaces.
http://schoolfactory.org/spacefed and
https://atrium.schoolfactory.org/spacefed/sponsorship  explain this!    So,
basically that means very easy and fast route to being able to accept
tax-deductible donations.

Best,

Liz

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 10:22 PM, Aaron Newcomb <anewcomb2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> We are in the beginning stages of getting a hackerspace started in
> Benicia. We seem to have good support right now from the town as well
> as other groups. We would really like someone from NoiseBridge to come
> to our next meeting and perhaps answer some questions about how to get
> started. Is there anyone familiar enough with how NoiseBridge is run
> that would be willing to join us in the next few weeks?
>
> Thanks,
> Aaron Newcomb
> http://www.thesourceshow.org

Liz Henry