[Noisebridge-discuss] door stats

Adrian Chadd adrian.chadd at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 20:08:56 UTC 2013

Right, but mine maintains security in the stored format -too-...

Adrian

Sent from my Palm Pre on AT&T
On Jun 21, 2013 11:58 AM, Shannon Lee <shannon at scatter.com> wrote:

No, if you generate a one-time pad of random hashes, such that...
1 -> foo2 -> bargain basement3 -> mickey mouse4 -> jet plane

...et cetera, then we maintain frequency counts and timing while anonymizing specific codes, and you can't brute force it because there's no hash function.  You can even throw away the one-time pad, because the timing data makes it easy to map "mickey mouse" back to specific entries if you have the original dataset.

I think Curtis' suggestion actually has the same properties.
--S