[Noisebridge-discuss] Response to Rebase Notes

Johny Radio johnyradio at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 02:38:54 UTC 2013

On 6/26/2013 6:57 PM, Naomi Most wrote:
> (1) Would you have everything be completely locked up in lockers? Everything?

No, I never said "everything". I think lockers are needed for personal
ongoing projects. Currently, the Noise Orchestra hackers have to hide
their electronics projects in the shelves, and hope they don't get
smashed or rehacked.

> My comment -- and another you took issue with -- was meant to inspire thinking about how "nice things" could be protected in one way by having the people installing them thinking of how to increase the difficulty of ability to mess with those "nice things".
I support that. Your meaning was lost in translation.

(2) Do you believe it is actually *possible* to achieve a state of total non-theft?

No, I never said "total". We should do what we can. Thanks to Alex Buie
and others for their work on RFID tags.

> (3) Have you stopped beating your wife yet, Jonny?
this is just a plain abusive, attack on my reputation, undeserved, and
completely off-topic. I believe your tactic is to "shut me up" by
attacking me personally.

Naomi, i'd like to invite you to attend the next Noisebridge meeting,
next Tuesday July 2, at about 8pm. Your comment here will be on the
agenda. I feel this should not be acceptable communication on the list,
or in the space.

I will reschedule my trip to see my parents in LA, to attend this meeting.