[Noisebridge-discuss] Call for Wood and Metal Working Do-Gooders!

Lorna Porter lornamarieporter at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 21:23:39 UTC 2013

Hi!
My name is Lorna Porter, I work with the brand new Matter of Trust
Eco-Center just around the corner from Noisebridge! We're at 3338 17th
Street (between Valencia and Mission) and working to create a community
space to promote eco-education and activism, highlighting the importance of
vocational skills, and more! We are hosting a Music camp (Free!) this
summer that focuses on creating instruments from repurposed materials
(Check out the Landfill Harmonic for our inspiration) with community youth,
and would love love love to recruit some Noisebridge members to donate
their time for the more involved construction work (neck creation for
cookie tin banjos and gas can guitars, shaping of frets and bridges, etc)
to create the pieces for the youth to later assemble at our Music camp! Its
a great cause, they're learning musical skills and theory with reuse
education and vocational skills. If this at all appeals to you we are
looking to work for a couple days/whenever you have the time within the
next two weeks, the camp starts July 15th. Also if you know any kids
interested we have spots left! Please email me at
Lorna at matteroftrust.orgif you are interesting in helping with the
instrument construction or would
like more info for sign-ups! Thanks!