[Noisebridge-discuss] Community, FTP, & Problem Solving

Adrian Chadd adrian.chadd at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 21:47:42 UTC 2013

On 27 June 2013 14:44, Naomi Most <pnaomi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Count me in, subscribe me to your mailing list, etc.
>
> We ought to be sourcing studies of human behavior, examples from
> anthropology and history, and as much 3rd party, impartial observation
> of our culture as we can get our hands on (which does not amount to
> much; I have looked around and found only a tiny handful of non-NB
> folks willing to listen to the horrors that occur at NB and read the
> accompanying mailing list threads).

Does Noisebridge have any or know any mediators / therapists who have
this kind of experience?

A lot of this kind of conflict resolution boils down to figuring out
what is actually going to work for both/all parties and helping that
along. Trying to apply one or a few techniques to all people -
especially the extremely varied group of people that Noisebridge seems
to attract.

I'd suggest pulling in some people who have a background in mediation,
psychology and therapy. My degree doesn't come with 10+ years of
experience with this, so I will remain a (mostly) interested observer.

Adrian