[Noisebridge-discuss] From NAND gates to Tetris... wanna do it?

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Sun Jun 16 19:07:53 UTC 2013

In doing research on MOOC, I ran into this video. It's a computer science
program that I'm personally excited about. It's a *perfect* Noisebridge
project.

One can build a computer (from the scratch: NAND gates -> Chip Sets ->
Hardware Platform -> Assembler -> Virtual Machine -> Operating System ->
Compiler -> Tetris Game).

    Here is the Ted talk that I saw that introduced me to the program:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE7YRHxwoDs

    Here are the course materials:

http://shimonschocken.com/?page_id=65

http://www.nand2tetris.org/

This is incredibly good (and exciting) stuff. Is this already on the
noisebridge calendar? Should it be? (+1 votes accepted).

Kindest Regards,

Glen
--

"Pursue, keep up with, circle round and round your life as a dog does his
master's chase. Do what you love. Know your own bone; gnaw at it, bury it,

--Henry David Thoreau