[Noisebridge-discuss] Broken laser cutter USB connector

Mike Miller mikem.exe at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 01:34:47 UTC 2013

The loose USB connector finally snapped off while I was working with the
cutter. I wanted to document the damage here because I don't have the
soldering expertise to fix it. Martin D. said he'd try his hand at fixing
it. I put the parts in the laser cutter under the control panel.

Here is a picture of the parts needing soldering. Not including the 4
ground connections, there are 5 really small connections needing soldering.
The bottom-most one pulled the lead off so it may need to be soldered to
another part of the chip.

http://tinypic.com/r/2z3ytjt/5