[Noisebridge-discuss] Broken laser cutter USB connector

Adrian Chadd adrian.chadd at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 21:48:57 UTC 2013

I _hate_ these microusb mounted connectors. Hate+++.

If someone "fixes" this, please replace it with a USB cable soldered
to the board.

Yes, get a USB -> micro USB connector, cut the micro-USB end off, and
solder the wires onto the board.

Once you've validated it's working, put a little hot glue over the
soldering job, tie the cable to the board with a cable tie, and then
mount that whole setup.

If the cable isn't long enough, someone can use a USB extender cable.

-adrian
(Who has repaired crap like this _way_ too muc.h.)