[Noisebridge-discuss] You like your phone?

Lee Sonko lee at lee.org
Mon Jun 3 23:22:46 UTC 2013

I haven't seen a smartphone (android or iphone) that has a long enough
battery life yet. This is asinine.  My successful workaround is to buy a
backpack battery from http://www.seidioonline.com

I am using an Android HTC EVO 4G 3D phone on Virgin Mobile ($35/month) with
the Seidio backpack battery.  With the stock (1700mah) battery, my battery
sometimes runs out as early as 9pm under "normal" usage. With the (albeit
somewhat bulky) backpack battery (4000mah), I can geek ALL day and not run
out of power, I can get 2 full days of light-use.

I dunno about rootability yet. The internets says "yes" but I haven't tried
it.

The 3D camera and 3D Lenticular screen is a pretty cool toy.