[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge's Wacky DNS Issues

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Mon Jun 3 00:53:49 UTC 2013

Wow. That's a riot.

So, DNS in the space should be handing out 172.30.0.4 as a local caching
resolver. That's minotaur.
And, querying the cache, it seems that it has indeed cached some bunk data:

`--> dig +short @172.30.0.4 graph.facebook.com. in a
204.246.122.84

It's dnsmasq, so I can't easily dump or debug the cache without restarting
it, losing the contents.

I'll restart the cache now. Hopefully whomever was messing around is done
now, and you can continue onward.

I would never count on Noisebridge for interference-free internet
connectivity. Such a concentration of hackers is going to lead to
tomfoolery, one day or another.
I always SSH-tunnel out.

Cheers,
jof