[Noisebridge-discuss] motor project help

Lee Sonko lee at lee.org
Thu Jun 27 06:50:48 UTC 2013

+1 to a servo

You can control the servo with better precision than a solenoid.
The Arduino sketch "Knob" that comes as an example is a good start. Here's
a video of that in action http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMrDE359yPI

Here's a cutely annoying solenoid example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azZ3yuNLfj0

A linear actuator would work (example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WVGWZjfuPI) but they are spendy at $80+

The servo is probably your best choice :-)

If you want a crash course in everything Arduino, I'll be teaching at
Workshop Weekend: Arduino July 13&14 in Oakland....
http://workshopweekend.net/arduino/oakland