[Noisebridge-discuss] Occupying Vacant Commercial Property

Garrett Mace garrettmace at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 22:27:09 UTC 2013

Unless the point of this is to make a disruptive statement, why not contact the owners/managers and ask them? Take some photos of how crappy things have gotten, and offer your services as an unpaid caretaker. Make it clear exactly what you would be doing (as opposed to holding raves and setting it on fire), and be prepared to give them relevant contact information. You might make the property attractive enough that it sells, and they would allow you to do the same for another property.

This could all be wishful thinking, but it seems that actually working with the people in your community for mutual benefit is better than automatically assuming someone is evil because they own a building.