[Noisebridge-discuss] To the @#$er that broke into my member shelf...

Garrett Smith dhtmlkitchen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 20:28:13 UTC 2013

On 3/21/13, Naomi Most <pnaomi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Chris,
>
> I dunno about "B players", but I do agree that perhaps the reason that
> Noisebridge has started to feel unwieldy is that it's become a go-to
> for way too many purposes.

Which purposes are no good?

I;ve read a few issues of cleanliness and respect recently.

> I'd be very into both discussing the "purpose" of Noisebridge and
> seeing whether there's a sense of clarity to be reached there,
> especially in terms of still fulfilling the values of radical
> inclusiveness, diversity, and openness.

About Noisebridge

Learning, teaching, community, hacking, building things ∈ {example set}.

Whoever actually knows NB can finish it, post on this list (prefer a
new thread but refer to this thread) "RFC: About Noisebridge". It
could be added to the Wiki, or sign could be made out of it, adding
any inspiring artistic ideas (ponies, glitter, NB logo, Buakaw, etc).

Good idea?

 and
> One question I'd like to explore is whether NB should "think of
> itself" as a community, or as a space.
>
> That discussion may seem purely pedantic, but it comes with cultural
> consequences.

Whatever.

Rule: Don't steal.

I really don't think it should be something members have to debate
about if stealing acceptable behavior.

> We are already fighting an ongoing cultural battle at NB over two
> different concepts of property (private vs collectivist).

Taking another's possession without his consent is stealing.

Stealing is not OK.
--
Garrett
Twitter: @xkit