[Noisebridge-discuss] kitchen preparations

Garrett Smith dhtmlkitchen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 21:33:56 UTC 2013

(cc'ing only to noisebridge-discuss)

On 3/25/13, Stan Osborne <stan at ana.com> wrote:

> Please be aware of the cockroaches living on the kitchen tile
> counter under objects holding tools and spices.  They've been
> there long enough to have babies.  Last Friday I saw many tiny
> ones and a few bigger ones.  I first noticed medium sized ones
> about two weeks ago.
>
> Dawn Ultra® dishwashing liquid is effective in controlling many
> insicets including the German cockroach (Blattella germanica).
> Proper use causes 100% mortality.
Any soap will work.

> There are many people using the kitchen throughout the day, but
> they are not actively working on discouraging or eradicating
> cockroaches.  Regular thorough cleaning of all kitchen surfaces
> using Dawn Ultra, and the continued stocking and use of Down
> Ultra is rcommended.

NAK.

Down, by multinational P&G, founded by infamous eugenicists,
practitioners of some extremely disgusting animal cruelty, and all
wrapped up in sponsored scientific research and happy-horseshit CSR
which they pay Fox news to peddle.

Yeah, so I would probably use Dr. B's sparingly as he's got a good
product and donates to legalizing hemp and fighting GMOs. Use whatever
you ahve for now, but please rethink P&G products. If it doesn't get
you mad, keep reading.

> The rodent / mouse problem is well know.  At the moment only

RFP
 - clean, sealable containers and jars.
 - a mouser cat.
 - catnip (may repel roaches, too).

Put everything in closed jars, unbreachable by pests.

Time permitting, I'll bring in my special mix of Orange peel, clove,
soap, and vinegar. The orange peel has orange oil, and it is extracted
naturally when soaking in vinegar. I know typing doesn't get shit done
but I will try and come in and try and get something done this week.
Either kitchen, which I've used zero times so far, or bathroom.
--
Garrett
Twitter: @xkit