[Noisebridge-discuss] Problem with transients?

Robert "Finny" Merrill rfmerrill at berkeley.edu
Sun Mar 31 14:14:37 UTC 2013

I've heard that noisebridge has a problem with transients.

There are a number of time-domain and frequency-domain solutions to such
problems, but it really depends on the nature of your application.

For example if you're worried about high-frequency noise from steps
coupling into other parts of your circuit, a properly designed lowpass
filter can often solve that.

If you're having issues with momentary overvoltage, a sufficiently fast
clamping diode might be what you need, or perhaps a buffer which can
tolerate more voltage than whatever device you're driving. A filter might
work too.

Hope this helps! If you need more help dealing with transients let me know
the specifics.