[Noisebridge-discuss] On Asking People To Leave (Was Re: Shawn L. )

Snail snailtsunami at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 06:29:07 UTC 2013

On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 9:34 PM, Danny O'Brien <danny at spesh.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 09, 2013 at 05:48:43PM -0800, maestro wrote:
> > quoting:
>
> > * yes danny, i bring my hasbro phone to the space and play barbie
> bootycall...
> > * "people" know? who are these "people" danny?, are they there more when
> you're
> > off your meds?
> > * are they living in your beard?
> > * do they have NAMES?
>
> I AM OFFENDED BY YOUR ACCUSATIONS REGARDING MY BEARD SIR: DEEPLY
> OFFENDED. YOU HAVE AFFRONTED MY HONOR.

In this plane of reality, tiny people live in Danny's beard. They whisper
hackerspace grievances in his ear while he sleeps and subsist on crumbs and
spilled coffee.

I'm pretty sure there was a Shel Silverstein poem about the narrator having
people living in his beard (or hat?) (or was it birds?) that goes along the
lines of

I have long and mighty beard
And little hackers live in it
And when we go to Noisebridge
They always have a snit in it

They put their smartphones to their ears
And pretend to call me on it
Despite that flailing in my beard
Means I can see them phoning it

--
-Snailssnailssnailssnailssnailssnailssnails