[Noisebridge-discuss] High-Voltage

jim jim at well.com
Mon Mar 11 22:03:11 UTC 2013

    Great rant on science (at bottom)!

    My vacuum tube experience is with audio stuff;
the tubes used for radio frequency broadcasting, I
believe, are pretty different.
    Vacuum tubes voltage requirements are generally
wide. The specs typically reference a close-to-max
rating. A tube that can handle 500VDC likely can
work with as little as 100VDC, although its affect
to signal will be different depending on voltage
level: audio signals will be cleaner with high
voltages and "browner" (the classic compressed
peaks) with lower voltages.

    What project ideas do you have in mind?