[Noisebridge-discuss] door "security": culture, not policy.

Casey Callendrello c1 at caseyc.net
Fri Mar 22 17:17:13 UTC 2013

Hm. Hangonaminute.

I agreed for a while that a top-lock is bad for security - Jake, you've
convinced me of that beyond a doubt. However, it seems like a great
solution to our attempt to set up a culture of greeting those who ring
the doorbell. The door-opener will have to stick around to open the door
for them anyways.

Requiring the front door to be personally opened sets the cultural
precedent that we care who enters. Naomi has expressed this much more
eloquently than I ever could.

--casey.