[Noisebridge-discuss] Fight the anti-Net TPP treaty! Únete con la lucha contra la alianza transpacifica! Noisebridge, Saturday May 4th, 12PM - 8PM

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Wed May 1 01:02:42 UTC 2013

(Forward at will! All invited!)

The Trans-Pacific Partnership is a trade agreement that's being secretly
negotiated right now. According to leaked material, the current draft
includes a chapter on intellectual property that would limit the right
to share, remix and hack in the eleven signatory countries. That
includes the US, Vietnam, Peru, and Australia. If agreed, it would make
the DMCA unrepealable, criminalize more infringement, and extend
copyright terms in many countries. You can read the EFF's guide to the
problems here <https://www.eff.org/issues/tpp>

The current round of negotiations are taking place in Lima, Peru this
month. The local Peruvian tech commuinty is holding a 24-hour hackathon
this weekend at Lima's Escuelab hackerspace to brainstorm ways to
protest and draw attention to the IP provisions. <http://escuelab.org/>

San Francisco is joining them on Saturday, and you can join us! We'll be
meeting from noon to 8PM on Saturday at Noisebridge, with guest visits,
talks, coding sprints and hacks. We'll be hanging out together, and
working on materials to help protest TPP in Peru and beyond.

To find out more, visit:
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Hack%2BRemix_Party_against_TPP

And drop by Noisebridge on May 4th. We'll start in the Library and
Hackitorium at Noon, and then work where there's space. RSVP to
maira at eff.org for extra questions or offers!

Hackers de habla española y amigos de latino america especialmente
bienvenidos!

See you there!

d.