[Noisebridge-discuss] hacking cars: help with scapy?

ted.sumers at gmail.com ted.sumers at gmail.com
Wed May 22 05:29:53 UTC 2013

hello neighbors,

i am working on an open-source project to enable reverse-engineering CAN
communication, as part of the GoodFET framework.

a quick demo can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3-fjJZhACg
and additional project information: http://goodfet.sourceforge.net/

i recently promised to integrate our python client with scapy.
unfortunately, i'm really an embedded systems guy, and a lot of the network
stuff is outside my realm of experience. if anyone has written a new
protocol for scapy before, i'd love to sit down with you for a bit and talk
about how to design a good CAN scapy packet!

cheers,
ted