[Noisebridge-discuss] Music on the Bridge

Johny Radio johnyradio at gmail.com
Tue May 28 08:43:53 UTC 2013

Music is like food-- tastes vary. But, like food, its best enjoyed
socially, with other people.

I often play music in the space, but i always ask those present:

    -"does anyone mind music? Tell me if you want me to change it, or
    turn it down, or off."

I think the person playing music should check first, and honor the
wishes of people who don't want it. And, default to ambient or low-key
music when the house is full of productive hackery.

    --EXCEPT If it's a party of some sort (especially an advertised
    one). Then, the person who wants silence should consider going into
    Turing and closing the door, or putting on headphones or earplugs.

A little consideration works wonders.
--

Johny Radio
Stick It In Your Ear!