[Noisebridge-discuss] I signed a "location release" for a film

Leif Ryge leif at synthesize.us
Thu May 30 00:50:15 UTC 2013

The zerodaydoc.com filmmakers interviewed Morgan Marquis-Boire and John
Scott-Railton at Noisebridge today about the malware research they've
been doing with citizenlab.org.

They were careful to ask every individual who may have been filmed for
their consent before filming them.

Afterwards, they asked if someone could sign a "location release". It
said, in essence, that they can use the footage that they recorded here.
I signed this form on behalf of Noisebridge.

I felt a little uncomfortable taking my first official action as a board
member without discussing it with anyone, but I felt reasonably
confident that nobody would mind (and I'm pretty sure board members and
officers have signed similar releases without discussion before).

If anyone thinks I shouldn't have signed this, please let me know!

~leif