[Noisebridge-discuss] Workshop on building a motorized bike!!

Morgan. morganw8-nb at yahoo.com
Thu May 16 23:31:03 UTC 2013

I wrote to a friend of mine who used to live here in SF, moved to upstate NY a couple years ago.  When he lived here he built a gas motorized bicycle, it was excellent.  Below is his reply.  If you need more info, reply with questions and I'll pass them along.
>>> yeah first buy the skyhawk motor even if you have to ship it else where
and reship.  the EPA motors for CA are kinda crappy.  next get someone
to build welded on mounts don't use any adapters for a bigger frame.  or
 get an old school frame that the motor mounts fit around the tubes on
the bike  use a bike with coaster brakes only if you have access to a
machine shop to mod it.  tighten all spokes and center the new back gear properly with evenly distributed tension to the spokes.