[Noisebridge-discuss] Bitmessage May Replace E-Mail - Daily Anarchist

Adrian Chadd adrian.chadd at gmail.com
Sun May 26 18:08:43 UTC 2013

When did requiring a recent browser stop progress? :)

I'd rather see it done and require me to upgrade..

Adrian

Sent from my Palm Pre on AT&T
On May 26, 2013 1:18 PM, Dylan N <dylan at dylannguyen.net> wrote:

I see that, but there are other issues -- correct me if I'm wrong -- there is stuff like window.crypto.getRandomValues (Fx21+, Chrome23+, etc.), but what about the IE users and older browser users? As far as I remember, in-browser crypto is somewhat of a problem since can't you just override certain functions to return bad/low-entropy random numbers in JS via yet another JS file unless you had something in the browser protecting it?

If you have to gracefully degrade or do progressive enhancement, wouldn't that essentially just drop everyone's communications to the weakest link?