[Noisebridge-discuss] (no subject)

Praveen Sinha dmhomee at gmail.com
Thu May 30 21:21:36 UTC 2013

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 12:52 PM, johny radio <johnyradio at gmail.com> wrote:

> drunken louts are more than "petty drama and neurosis ". Lots of
> public spaces do not suffer from such issues, like the library i'm in
> right now.

This email just made me realize that noisebridge (hackerspaces) and
libraries actually have a lot in common in this respect.  Urban libraries
throughout history are famous for doubling as safe spaces for the homeless
and drunken and otherwise outcast in society, since librarians (like
noisebridgers) despise the dominant power structure so much.  I think the
fact that we are having these problems actually puts us in good company
intellectually speaking :).

Now that said, how to build win-win-win solutions for everyone is a
trickier issue :)