[Noisebridge-discuss] No Internet

Casey Callendrello c1 at caseyc.net
Wed Nov 20 05:25:16 UTC 2013

I rebooted the switch (twice) and it jumped in to action. Weird.

In the mean time, someone managed to cable quite a few mistakes in to
the infrastructure:
* The sonic uplink was on the wrong port, thus breaking the internet
* There was a cable plugged from port 0 in to port 10, making things crappy.

This is weird. The full cabling layout is documented in 3 places:
    * Labeled on the switch, for critical ports
    * Labeled on the wiki [1]
    * Labeled in the switch configuration
Please read these configurations before you change the cabling.

1: https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Resources/Network#Switch_Ports