[Noisebridge-discuss] Asking sleepers at Noisebridge to leave.

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 23 02:16:50 UTC 2013

>>> Comments below:

"Frantisek, are you a member? I'm seeing you endorse people for associate membership on the wiki, so I'm curious."

>>> Hi Jeffrey and all,
>>> Well that is actually what I'm wondering by myself, I'm still a member or have I been suspended? The endorsement being part of it. I've become a Noisebridge member a while ago (in 2010), have been on hiatus for few years (traveling promoting food hacking in variety of places). So for example in this case I told Lee (the only person who I've endorsed so far), that I can endorse him for associate membership but not sure if I can do so officially, telling him that, signing for his support and leaving it at that - he helped me out several times with what I needed, I'm happy, he has my support. But is it correct, meaning does it fallow the book? Not sure and it looks like I'm not alone.

>>> I'm waitng for a response from Tom Lowenthal, once he does I want to start a new threat just to clarify about the "members must" concerning creating the wiki about themselves etc. several members were asking to block this notion but it is not clear what happened, was it for the consensus, did it past already? Lets wait a bit.

>>> However my membership is I believe not relevant to the post above, the text stands as it is based on Noisebridge principles I believe.

>>> Sincerely,

>>> FAA

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck

biotechnologist&kvasir and hacker

http://www.frantisekapfelbeck.org

On Saturday, November 23, 2013 9:51 AM, Jeffrey Carl Faden <jeffreyatw at gmail.com> wrote:

Frantisek, are you a member? I'm seeing you endorse people for associate membership on the wiki, so I'm curious.

Jeffrey

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 4:40 PM, Frantisek Apfelbeck <algoldor at yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> I think this is important misunderstanding to the baning procedure and the rights of Noisebridge member comments below:
>
>As a member, you are empowered to do-ocratically ban someone when they
>are behaving poorly and you think it the appropriate remedy.

>To be sure, I urge you to use this remedy sparingly, and only when it really
>is the right thing to do. A ban issued this way can be reversed by
>consensus (just like everything else).

 exactly what you wrote, I may misunderstand.

 Sweigart <asweigart at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I came by the space around 7am this morning and found three people sleeping.
>
>Al, thanks for coming by the space so early, and doing the thankless
>task of confronting folks who are behaving poorly.
>
>> I woke up the other two, told them my name, asked if they were members (they
>> both said they were associate members).
>
>Did you also ask what their names or wiki user names are? It'd be
>great to have people accountable for this sort of behavior. This
>probably goes without saying, but I think it'd be pretty bad behavior
>for someone to lie about being an associate member.
>
>> If I find the two
 guys crashing at Noisebridge again, I'm going to propose