[Noisebridge-discuss] Can i get a 2nd for purchase of "Noisebridge 1", NB's first radio xmttr???!!! - Fwd: Radio kits - Quality kits, Canada

giovanni_re john_re at fastmail.us
Fri Nov 1 06:19:13 UTC 2013

To:  Noisebridgians, Danny NB Finance Director,
Norman Bradley Radio project co-director,
Mitch Altman Kit building & Soldering Educator Extraordinaire
+ Amateur Radio licensee,
Noisebridge board,
NB Tues eve weekly mtg attendees, &
Martin deviddo Experienced radio kit builder:

I hereby move/propose that the NB financial officers & etc,
be immediately requested to approve funds ASAP/ immediately,
& set in motion by whatever NB process is appropriate. in this matter,
Approx $72 = $62 Parts + $10 Shipping,

For the purchase of one each of all the below listed kits,
>From Quality Kits of Canada
(Mitch's nemesis).

Reasoning:
The nb radio project has made excellent progress these past two months,
in raising awareness & interest in the nb radio lpfm fcc project.
Also in doing investigations & gathering of data to prepare a proper fcc
application .
Also in documenting this project openly through mail list messages & the
two radio project wiki pages.
https://noisebridge.net/wiki/NB_Radio
https://noisebridge.net/wiki/US_Hackerspace_Radio
Also in gathering a list of people interested in creating program
content for broadcast.
https://noisebridge.net/wiki/NB_Radio#Content.2FSign_Up_Sheet
Also in doing outreach to other organizations re aspects of this project
(such as my presentations to SFAmat Radio Club, Internet Archive,
Sudoroom hackers-pave Oakland,
Alameda ARCAHam).

Given that Noisebridge is substantially,
by both practice & stated purpose,
an educational orgamixation

[leaving that typo in there cause i like the way it looks]

-----
& that the nb radio project will be able to make significant progress in
1) understanding radio equipment design, construction & opetation,
by having an open invite meetings where these kits will be built,
at a progress rate of one kit every several weeks,
& then used in actual broadcast operation of a
legal, USA FCC Part 15 no license required micropower
FM broadcast radio station,

& that
2) Actually operating the station,
with an established program time schedule,
https://noisebridge.net/wiki/NB_Radio#Program_schedule
will begin to create the operstional program creation experience
[like that typo too]
which will lesd to the increase in awareness of program crration?
[yep]
& which will thus lead to the further Creation of Havker Radio Programs,
[You guessed it!  :)  ]
which will become tangible evidence that can be presented to the FCC
to demonstrate Noisebridge's actual proven ability
to create the FCC rrquirrd 20 hours per week of locally generated
progrsm content
[Whew!  GR wipes brow!],

Thus or something or other:
NB should purchase these kits immediately
& get on with progress!

YEA PROGRESS!!

--
I hearby announce I'm tirrd & want to get to sleep!

Uh, hem...

So, cam I get a second? Third? & etc,
on this motion, so we van actually get these kits in hackerspace,
& then & thusly begin some actual
rafio hardware hscking,
& rafio program creation hacking????

Thank you all for your kind attemtion
to this ABSOLUTELY VITAL MATTER!!!

:)

{I have typed this entire message on my smartphone.
I should go to Japan & write a novel on the subway.}

Yours truly,
Giovanni Re
Earth Hackerspace Radio proyect Creator

======