[Noisebridge-discuss] [Noisebridge-board] Can i get a 2nd for purchase of "Noisebridge 1", NB's first radio xmttr???!!! - Fwd: Radio kits - Quality kits, Canada

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Fri Nov 1 06:43:32 UTC 2013

Dropping board@ since there's nothing the board would or should do.

giovanni_re, you seem to have some very strange and wrong ideas about
how noisebridge operates.  The board, and people in authority, don't
actually *do* anything, and they *should not* do anything (beyond the
absolutely necessary).

If you think that Noisebridge should get a radio, then great!  Donate
some money, get others to donate as well, arrange it yourself, and place
the order.  Once it arrives (probably best to a place other than
Noisebridge, since UPS drivers are known to throw up their hands in
despair and give the package to a street urchin upon confronting our
glorious anarchy), build it and install it in good health.

So the first step in buying something for noisebrige is to volunteer to
coordinate donations, and then ask for them.  At no point in the process
should you try to convince someone in authority (like the board) that
they need to do something.  Especially not "write a check from
Noisebridge for some gear".

To help out, and even though I think the radio project is foolhardy,
I'll pledge $10 towards the radio -- now you're 1/7 of the way there.
Please let me know how I can get the money to you, paypal or bitcoin or
cash or check all work fine for me.

Cheers,
-andy