[Noisebridge-discuss] New donations!

Jean-Luc Picard atari2600a at gmail.com
Sat Nov 23 00:49:23 UTC 2013

As usual, I'm attempting to pay an equivalent of an associate membership
fee w/ donations from home or work.  This is actually the first time
I've announced that I do this at all on the lists but here I am doing it
anyway.

Dell desktop -- runs XP, needs new CPU fan but should boot right up
otherwise.  Do the Administrator trick or run ophcrack to get in.
Dell laptop -- annoying as hell to get to the internals.  Needs new HDD,
chips reflowed.
Compaq laptop -- Won't turn on.  I tried popping both batteries &
draining the caps.  Afterwards I tore out the HDD for a secure
destruction of the data as instructed by my client.

All this should come out to about $20 in salvageable parts (DIMMS, fans,
HDD's, etc).   Expect to hear from me in another month, when I'll
probably have more stuff to donate.

FYI:  my past donations have been more functional;  mostly SO-DIMMS,
broken ipods w/ guttable HDD's, etc.  You know, things that don't last a
week in Noisebridge.