[Noisebridge-discuss] Will you spare a Bitcoin Quid for NBs 1st rad transmitter???!!! - Re: [Noisebridge-board] Can i get a 2nd for purchase of "Noisebridge 1", NB's first radio xmttr???!!! - Fwd: Radio kits - Quality kits, Canada

giovanni_re john_re at fastmail.us
Fri Nov 1 08:29:56 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013, at 11:43 PM, Andy Isaacson wrote:
> Dropping board@ since there's nothing the board would or should do.
>
> giovanni_re, you seem to have some very strange and wrong ideas about
> how noisebridge operates.  The board, and people in authority, don't
> actually *do* anything, and they *should not* do anything (beyond the
> absolutely necessary).
>
> If you think that Noisebridge should get a radio, then great!  Donate
> some money, get others to donate as well, arrange it yourself, and place
> the order.  Once it arrives (probably best to a place other than
> Noisebridge, since UPS drivers are known to throw up their hands in
> despair and give the package to a street urchin upon confronting our
> glorious anarchy), build it and install it in good health.
>
> So the first step in buying something for noisebrige is to volunteer to
> coordinate donations, and then ask for them.  At no point in the process
> should you try to convince someone in authority (like the board) that
> they need to do something.  Especially not "write a check from
> Noisebridge for some gear".
>
> To help out, and even though I think the radio project is foolhardy,
> I'll pledge $10 towards the radio -- now you're 1/7 of the way there.
> Please let me know how I can get the money to you, paypal or bitcoin or
> cash or check all work fine for me.
>
> Cheers,
> -andy

Holy S-curve!
A man who actually puts his bitcoin where his mouth is!

I am impressed!
Seriously!
Noisebridge Radio''s first proposed donor!

If you really follow through on this , Andy,
I will personally put a plaque on NBs first transmitter with your name
on it!

(Prolly a post-it note, but I will follow through!)

Jolly good job there, Andy, if you actually do follow through on your
donation!

So.

I actually did ask about this - getting funds for some nb equipment-
at a weekly mtg maybe a montth ago,
and someone there gave me some priocedural advice -
I actually read it in the meeting wiki ntes, too.

So, there did seem to be some sort of multi week consensus voting type
process
for the nb radio to get some slow cash to get started infrastructure
building.

Thanks for the info & 1st proposed donation!
I'm sleepy & long overdue for bed.

More later.

:)

---
Everyone:
Who else will have the ovaries to step up like Andy did & make a
donation pledge??

$20, $10, $5, its all good.

Join in with andy & get your name laser engraved on the NB-1 Radio
Transmitter!

I'll step up right now & be 1/2 the man Andy is & pledge $5 right now!

You.  Yes, You!  Dear Reader!
What will you pledge to build a better Radio future for Hackers in San
Francisco,
& keep cute kids like Martin diVideo off the streets??!

& help make a better world for _all_ Noisebridgians!

Email now!
The email server tubes are open!

---  Join the BerkeleyTIP-Global mail list -   http://groups.google.com/group/BerkTIPGlobal. All Freedom SW, HW & Culture.